Welcome Message

Hi,

This is a blog I created to give my students studying English language a chance to openly and freely express their opinions. I would like to extend the warmest of all welcomes to those who have a say.

I do invite you to express yourself on myS.E.L.F.!


Ece Sevgi

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Getting Married

Marriage is a phenomenon that has been protected for centuries. Every year, millions of couples decide to marry throughout the world and marriage has not lost its importance. Marriage is the dream of the lovers. I strongly believe that people should not get married before they are 30.

To begin with, work life is one of the most important causes of getting married after 30. In today’s world, not only men but also women receive education for many years. After graduation, the majority of the students tend to participate in the post-graduate studies which last approximately 2-5 years. After they finish their post-graduate studies, they have to find a job with a high salary. They need to save some Money because getting married and becoming a family is not cheap. Because of the working life, many couples prefer to marry after 30.

In addition, there are also some other reasons why people should get married after 30. For example, when people live with their parents, the get used to which is provided by them. These people also care more about their independence, especially in their twenties. What is more, they are afraid of taking the responsibilities of getting married during theit twenties, so they think of marriage after turning 30.

On the other hand, some people think that people should get married before 30, because they want to become a family in their early ages. However; they are wrong. Marriage is a really serious thing and people who are married have to be more responsible. People, who are in their twenties, want to be more free and they might make some mistakes. Because of that they should not get married.

All things considered, I strongly agree that people should not get married before they are 30 for various reasons including work life, comfort of the parents’ house, and responsibilities. I am thinking of marriage when I am over 30.

6 comments:

  1. I think the age of marriage is 25 because birthing may have health problems for some women after 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As dilara said,it is logical marry after 30.But we should not forget that this quote of John Lennon:''Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.''

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause of that the people are more conscious and mature, I think they should get married at age of 30, so they have more realistic decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think marring is just neccesary for baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think marriage is a difficult craft, but falls in love with someone who does not want to be happy and peaceful life with a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ı dont agree that all people should wait till 30 in order to married especcially for women.i think it is late for baby. but men can wait because generally men cant get responsibilities in their young age and married at 30 may be logically for them

    ReplyDelete